Page 4 Tenants News, Views & Laws

Link to homepage

Link to Page 1

Link to Page 2


Link to Page 5









Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)

Landlord Tenant Board of Ontario

Guide to the Residential Tenancies Act (2006)


Tenants in the City of London have several places to go when they experience problems with their unit, or their building when their landlord has not corrected the situation. The City of London Property Standards Dept. will deal with landlord/tenant problems once tenants have submitted a written complaint or work order to their landlord. Once two weeks have passed after informing a landlord in writing, tenants can contact the City of London Property Standards Dept. at 519 661-4660 or by e-mail at

Safety and vital service issues are the only exception to the policy above.

Tenants can also file a complaint with the Landlord Tenant Board.

50 Dufferin Ave, Suite 400; London, ...

Location‎: ‎London (Central)

Hours‎: ‎Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm

Fax‎: ‎519-679-7290 or 1-888-377-8813

Filing a complaint with the LTB can be confusing and intimidating for tenants, if they are not familiar with the Residential Tenancies Act and procedures during a hearing at the Landlord Tenant Board. If you are considering a complaint with the LTB, it is best to go to the London Office of the LTB at 150 Dufferin Ave. Suite 400. Tenants can also obtain help with their complaint at the Legal Services Dept. of Western University.

Complaints regarding fire prevention should be made to the London Fire Department